The Biomedical Science (Blood Science) programme from Keele University builds on existing, undergraduate knowledge in basic science and applying it to clinical, diagnostic and research applications relevant to Clinical Biochemistry, Medical Immunology, Haematology and Transfusion Science.
Biomedical Science is a key subject area comprising of all aspects of health and disease, within the subject are clinical laboratory disciplines that specifically address the knowledge and understanding of disease processes in the context of the study and investigation of those processes. The MSc Biomedical Blood Science incorporates clinical biochemistry, immunology, haematology and transfusion science.
The School of Life Science has developed extremely active and successful undergraduate and postgraduate Biomedical Science programmes. We have embraced specialists working in NHS Trusts and associated industries to develop outstanding, collaborative relationships covering key diagnostic and clinical specialties. Not only do students benefit from the inclusion of such specialist practitioners onto our teaching programmes, input from employers helps to shape the curriculum and can lead to highly competitive project opportunities working within related industries.
This MSc programme supports students to develop their subject-specific knowledge and understanding, ability to critically analyse and evaluate an evidence-base, work independently, and adapt to various contexts.
MSc Biomedical Blood Science graduates often go on to work in fields related to healthcare, laboratory science or education. Of those students still studying, some have gone to to study medicine, PhD training or the Scientist Training Programme to become Clinical Scientists.
This programme is accredited by the Institute of Biomedical Science (IBMS)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Biomedical Ethics and Grant proposal
- Research Methodologies
- Clinical Biochemistry and Immunology
- Project Management and Business Planning
- Advanced Laboratory Techniques
- Haematology and Transfusion Science
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
There are no fixed closing dates for the majority of our courses, however some courses may become full and close early.
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biomedicine Biochemistry View 112 other Masters in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants are expected to hold either a 1st or 2nd class honours degree in Biomedical Science, or equivalent Life Science bachelor programme. Applications from candidates who do not meet this criteria, but can demonstrate appropriate professional qualifications and/or experience will also be considered. Note that applicants who have attained the IBMS Specialist Diploma may be eligible to enrol with accredited prior certified learning with reduced tuition fees and limited module exemption.
- Students who do not meet the entry requirements for this course, we offer the opportunity to take a Pre-MSc programme. For more information follow the link to the Graduate Diploma in Biomedical Science course.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17900 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Keele
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
The following scholarships may be targeted at specific countries, subjects and talent areas. In some cases you may be required to make an independent application, for others the scholarship will be awarded automatically.
- KEELE INTERNATIONAL EXCELLENCE SCHOLARSHIP (PGT)
Up to £5,000 based on undergraduate degree award.
- DEVELOPING COUNTRIES SCHOLARSHIP
£1,000 for students who are nationals of the least developed, low and lower middle-income countries.
KEELE ALUMNI DISCOUNT
GREAT SCHOLARSHIPS 2022
MARSHALL SCHOLARSHIPS FOR NORTH AMERICAN STUDENTS
US FEDERAL STUDENT LOANSARTICLE 26 ASYLUM SEEKER BURSARY
- FULL TIME MBA SCHOLARSHIP
- MSC AI AND DATA SCIENCE SCHOLARARSHIP
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.