The Risk and Disaster Science - Data Science Pathway offered by the University College London aims to meet the growing need for experts trained in disaster science in sectors ranging from finance to humanitarian response.
This programme provides excellent training towards careers in industry and commerce, research, research communication and public policy including insurance, catastrophe modelling, finance, risk management, business continuity, humanitarian assistance, engineering, electricity distribution and many other fields.
It supports the career development of professionals already working in risk and disaster reduction, as well as those who intend to go into this field.
Some career destinations of recent IRDR graduates:
- Disaster Risk Management Consultant, World Bank
- Resilience Technical Officer, International Medical Corps
- Emergency Information Management Specialist, Plan Nepal
- Business Continuity and Resilience Consultant, PwC
- Business Continuity Consultant, Arup
- Catastrophe Analyst, Barbican Insurance Group
- Analyst, RMS (Risk Management Solutions)
- Reinsurance Claims Management Executive
- AXA Global Re, Paris
PhD student, NERC London Doctoral School
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Emergency and Crisis Management
- Integrating Science into Risk and Disaster Reduction
- Risk Analysis for Disaster Science
- Risk and Disaster Reduction Research Tools
- Research Appraisal and Proposal
- Conflict, Humanitarianism, and Disaster Risk Reduction
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesRisk Management Data Science & Big Data Emergency & Disaster Management View 37 other Masters in Emergency & Disaster Management in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Normally a minimum of an upper second-class UK Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard.
- Relevant discipline is any science, mathematical or engineering subject.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International24980 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 24980 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA11830 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11830 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- UK/EU: £5,975 (Part Time)
- Overseas: £12,470 (Part Time)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.