Regional and Environmental Economics from Kaposvár University teaches students to have problem-solving techniques to be applied as solutions to their tasks; to know about criteria and conditions of adapting the acquired knowledge in practice; to gain tools of orientation in the body of professional literature; have information and methods required to recognise and analyse practical problems occurring in the environment-conscious management of economic and regional development.
Graduates with Regional and Environmental Economics from Kaposvár University will eb able to:
- Work in the field of regional development and environmental protection activities of various sectors, governmental and local bodies, institutions and companies;
- Work both independently and as part of a team in analysing and planning activities, as well as to manage such teamwork;
- Recognise and contribute to the decision-making process in social, economic and environmental problems occurring at settlement or regional level;
- Fulfil tasks in the government sector, international and private organisations and public institutions.
- Regional policy and regional development
- Regional and urban economics
- Environmental economics
- Regional Science and Statistics
- Corporate economics
- Agriculture Economics and Management
- Environment policy
- Regional and local economic development
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Environmental Economics & Policy Environmental Management View 4 other Masters in Environmental Economics & Policy in Hungary
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Kaposvár University and/or in Hungary, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Students with a foreign nationality, with a bachelor's level diploma may apply to the master's programme.
- English language proficiency
- Applicants shall be ranked according to the three criteria of language skills (at most 30 points can be given), professional and study background (at most 60 points can be given), motivation (at most 10 points can be given)
- the applicants shall have considerable study records in mathematics and history – at most 30 points can be given
- At most 25 points may be obtained on the basis of the average high school diploma exam mark
- Maximum 5 extra points can be given for professional experience and further diplomas of higher education gained in Public Administration or/and Economics
International5000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2500 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA5000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2500 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Tuition covers the study fees and accommodation (for the study period of 14 weeks + exam period of 6 weeks)
Living costs for Kaposvár
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.