Graduates of the Timber Industry programme of University of Sopron are welcome in the primary and secondary processing of wood (sawmills, furniture factories, wood construction companies, etc.), in research institutes and universities globally.
CareersGraduates of the master course are capable of:
- the practical application of their skills to understand principles and relationships, and using various problem-solving techniques,
- processing new information, problems and phenomena encountered at the frontiers of their professional experience, understanding and solving emerging problems and generating original ideas,
- forming correct opinions and fair criticism, decision-making, drawing conclusions,
- evaluating conditions, analysing risks and, based on these, forming a realistic evaluation, making suggestions, solving complex tasks in the area of wood processing, developing new technologies, organising and controlling production processes.
- the management of the available technological, economic and human resources in a complex way
- performing all kinds of engineering tasks related to wood processing and utilisation at a high level of proficiency,
- self-education and development, extending and expanding their knowledge and skills.
Competences to be obtained in the masters’ course:
- career-related theoretical and practical skills and their application in laboratory work and design.
- systematic understanding and competence concerning materials, technology and products
- management skills and the ability to promote successful teamwork
- user-level knowledge concerning computer-based communication and analysis
- a basic understanding of issues of environment protection, quality management, consumer protection, manufacturer responsibilities, occupational safety and health, technical, economic, legal requirements, and ethics.
- acquaintance with the general analysis and problem-solving techniques required for scientific research.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Forestry View 6 other Masters in Industrial & Systems Engineering in Hungary
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- BSc in the field of Technics, Technology or Biology
- Good command of English
- Visa application form
- Passport (must be valid for at least 18 months, but preferably valid until the end of your studies.)
- Three passport-size photographs
- Letter of Acceptance from the university (transit visa if needed)
- EITHER the bank transfer receipt of the payment of tuition fee or a payment certificate from the university OR Letter of Admission from the receiving institution (if you are scholarship holder)
- The Embassy may ask for your airplane reservation or fare ticket and for proof of accommodation
International6000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3000 USD per semester during 24 months.
National6000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3000 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Sopron
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.