Classical instrumental performers are trained to use their instruments clearly, well-formed, and according to style and to the composer;s way of thinking in orchestras and chamber music ensembles. In addition to technical skills theoretical knowledge is also necessary as the knowledge of general music studies is part of the professional musicians skills.
Instruments offered: piano, organ, harp, guitar, violin, viola, cello, double bass, flute, clarinet, oboe, bassoon, horn, trumpet, trombone, tuba, and percussion instruments.
The Liszt Ferenc Academy of Music in Budapest is the only music academy in the world that was founded by Franz Liszt. The piano virtuoso, composer, conductor, teacher, author and philanthropist established the institution in 1875.
The Academy has always taken pride in meeting the standards set by its founders and revered professors. This means students encounter a special and demanding Hungarian style of teaching. Education here focuses on understanding the meaning of music and the art of ensemble playing.
Those who enter the Liszt Academy know that attendance involves a serious commitment to a perfectionist approach to music. Studying here means hard and disciplined work under the guidance of professors who are renowned artists, visiting professors at other illustrious universities, jury members of international competitions, for whom teaching is a passion. The Liszt Academy is proud to have outstanding, highly experienced, and even young professors.
The Classical Musical Instrumental Performance is offered by the Liszt Ferenc Academy of Music.
More informationVisit official programme website
- European Culture and Tradition
- Music History - Folk Music
- Concert Attendance
- Analysis of Operas
- Score Reading
- Performing Practice
For more information please visit the programme website.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesMusic View 20 other Masters in Music in Hungary
- BA diploma in the same field, TOEFL or IELTS language certificate
- The entrance examinations for all courses at the Liszt Academy of Music take place at the end of June and at the beginning of July. Applicants are informed about the exact date of their entrance examination during May. The entrance examinations take place at the Liszt Academy of Music, in Budapest, Hungary. All applicants are required to appear before the Entrance Examination Committe in person for the examinations. Live streaming, video streaming, DVDs, CDs, or any other recordings are not accepted as a substitute.
International6000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA6000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
7 300 per year
- strings (violin, viola, cello, double bass)
6 600 per year
- harp, guitar, percussion
6 600 per year
6 600 per yeat
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.