Entrepreneurship has become an increasingly popular activity that can be evidenced in different spheres of the economy and society, that is why having the Master in Entrepreneurship and Innovation offered by the University of Luxembourg in this domain is more appropriate than ever.
More commonly, entrepreneurial behaviours are associated with new start up ventures where risk, ownership and management are combined to exploit new market or technological opportunities. But such activities can also be seen in corporate, social, public, civic, community and small business contexts to reflect organizational efforts to sustain competitive advantage, uniqueness and novelty. This is partly because the twenty-first century is characterized by a fast moving, competitive and global economy. Sustaining a competitive advantage requires that individuals, companies and nations are able to anticipate and stimulate (rather than merely manage) change.
Entrepreneurship and Innovation
Entrepreneurship is about exploiting ambiguities and contingencies. More importantly, entrepreneurship is about experiencing a tension between ‘what is’ in the present and ‘what should be’ in the future – and then converting that tension into an entrepreneurial problem that can resolve the tension. Such a process demands concepts and knowledge from different disciplines, and the integration of these concepts with the know-how and practical experience of daily business practice.
The partnership with the Luxembourg Chamber of Commerce aims at developing business education at the University of Luxembourg, through research and development, educational programmes, knowledge transfer and exchange, as well as by facilitating internships.
More informationVisit official programme website
- New Venture planning
- Innovation Management
- Financial Issues for entrepreneurial ventures
- Marketing and new venture creation
- Business and project management skills
- Advanced entrepreneurship
- Advanced Innovation and the Innovation Audit
- Strategic Management
- Advanced small business management and leadership
- Research methodology and thesis
This two-year full-time Master’s degree is targeted at:
- Bachelor graduates & young professionals in any discipline wishing to develop their entrepreneurial/innovation skills & knowledge and seek exposure to the infrastructure for entrepreneurship, internships & job opportunities
- Professional people or other practitioners who intend to start a business & want to learn the skills involved in this.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesEntrepreneurship Innovation Management
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Students need to have: a BA degree with 180 ECTS in any discipline subject area and a demonstrated entrepreneurial motivation (see below for criteria).
- The one year option would be appropriate for people who intend to start a business and want to learn the core theories as well as the practical skills involved.
- Subject to successful completion of courses in year one, students can exit at the end of Year 1 with their awarded credits (normally 60 ECTS in which case they are awarded a Certificate in Entrepreneurship & Innovation).
International5000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA5000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
- Year 1: 5,000 €
- Year 2: 3,000 €
Student Loan ProgrammeIn case an applicant would like to request a loan from the university, that would have to be reimbursed after graduation, she/he should ask for it in her/his motivation letter, explaining whether the loan is a necessary condition for her/him to attend the course.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.