Facts about the program
- Major in Food Process Engineering; Safety and quality in the food processing; Nutrition science; Food enzymology; Economics and marketing in the food industry; Instrumental analysis; Process control in the food industry II; Computer-aided data processing and planning II; Food physics; Computer-aided data processing and planning I; Plant design in the food industry; Computer aided flowsheeting.
- The graduates will be able to apply the acquired professional knowledge in a creative way in the different branches of the food industry. Having the knowledge acquired in the master’s degree program, they will be able to participate in further major training programs, or continue their studies in a doctoral (PhD) program.
- The Food Science and Technology Engineer programme is offered by the Szent István University.
Core curriculum (field of knowledge essential for the qualification)
- knowledge in the field of natural sciences for master’s degree level interdisciplinary knowledge in elementary food science: food colloidics, rheology, microbiological quality and safety, dietetics, food enzymology, 7-12 credits
- up-to-date technical / methodological knowledge necessary for food engineer mindset: theory of measuring, research planning, instrumental analysis, food industry transport processes 8-12 credits
- up-to-date technological innovative knowledge necessary for food engineer mindset: food technologies and product development, principles of packaging, planning of plant, environment-, water-, energy management 7-12 credits
- foundations in economic and human sciences: leadership and communications skills, food economics and marketing, food industry process control, innovation in food economics 10—14 credits.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Food Sciences View 3 other Masters in Food Sciences in Hungary
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor degree in a related field (min 60 credits parity)
- Transcript of records about the previous studies
- English language exam in B2 level
- Motivational letter
International6000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3000 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA6000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3000 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Budapest
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.