During the last decade, there has been a dramatic increase in the size and complexity of data collected by both Industry and the Academic community. Examples include genomic and proteomic data on one hand, and social media and electronic commerce data on the other. The availability of such vast quantities of data is having a large impact on both academic research and business practices. In particular, it is changing the nature and focus of the statistical profession.
The Department of Statistics at the University of Haifa is dedicated to providing its students with a rigorous, modern and up to date education in this exciting era for our profession. We focus on fundamentals while teaching the newest methods and applications. We emphasize computational know-how, the understanding of statistical ideas, and the ability to apply them. We train our graduates to analyze and draw meaningful conclusions from data, a skill that is becoming ever more important. Our goal is to see out graduates assume leading roles, within the profession, whatever their career choices may be.
What you will study the program in Statistics at the University of Haifa
You will be trained to analyze and draw meaningful conclusions from data collected in a variety of application areas. This includes clinical trials, finance, genomics, and social media and web/mobile applications. The ability to reason with data is a skill that is becoming ever more important in the current age of Big Data, Data Science, and the Digital Economy.
The cutting-edge curriculum emphasizes computational know-how and the fundamental and core themes of the statistical sciences. At the same time it is also mathematically rigorous and challenging. The program will prepare you for further academic studies as well as for data related leadership roles in various industries including High-Tech, E-commerce, Healthcare, Research and Development and more.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Applied statistics
- Algorithms for data analysis
- Stochastic process with applications
- Statistical Inference
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Haifa and/or in Israel, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Undergraduate degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or Engineering (or other quantitative backgrounds). Some background in probability and statistics is required;
- GPA: 80%, 3.0;
- TOEFL scores (if native language is not English or candidates have not previously studied at an institution of higher education where the language of instruction is English). A minimum of 570 (paper-based test), 230 (computer-based test), or 89 (internet based test)
- 2 Recommendation letters
- Personal Statement (500-700 words)
- Skype interview
- Additional documents may be required.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International10600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10600 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Haifa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- University of Haifa Need-Based Scholarship
- Fulbright MA Degree Fellowships
- U.S. Federal Aid - Master's Programs Applicants
- MASA Israel Scholarship Program
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.