Art therapy enables expression, beyond words, and promotes psychological well-being. This HCPC-approved Art Therapy from University of Chester course is suitable for those working with a variety of client groups in health, social care, education counselling and community settings. The course will enable you, on completion, to practise as a registered Art Therapist/Art Psychotherapist.
The course is rooted in current practice with visiting art therapy practitioners throughout the course. We offer a specific placement preparation module which provides the bridge between theory and practice.
- Theoretical Perspectives
- Therapeutics and Communication
- Integrating Theory and Practice
- Placement Preparation
- Placement Experience
- Art Therapy Dissertation
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesVisual Arts Complementary & Alternative Medicine View 563 other Masters in Visual Arts in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A maturity of personality and self-awareness compatible with training as a therapist.
- An undergraduate degree in art and design or other relevant subject.
- You will be required to submit a 500-word written piece with the title 'What is Art Therapy?' on application. Your application will not be considered without this.
- Students from countries outside the UK are expected to have entry qualifications roughly equivalent to UK A Level for undergraduate study and British Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) for postgraduate study.
- We accept a wide range of qualifications and consider all applications individually on merit. We may also take into account appropriate work experience.
International13450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13450 GBP per year during 24 months.
National7650 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7650 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Chester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.