Benefits of the Advanced Master in Political Economy at Solvay Brussels School of Economics and Management
- By the end of this Advanced Master, you will be able to gain a firm understanding of the incentives and behavior of economic (consumers, firms) and political agents (legislatures, government agencies, judicial institutions, NGOs, activist groups, the media), explore the technological and political constraints that shape government interventions, cultivate a deep understanding of the reciprocal relationship between politics and markets and design better government regulations by the investigation of corporate stakeholders and their motivations.
- The Brussels-Washington joint degree in Political Economy is an innovative one-year program combining the strengths of two internationally-renowned institutions. Learn from expert decision-makers in Europe and North-America and explore the specificities and differences between the approaches taken on each continent, their impact in various geopolitically crucial regions around the world and the complex relationships with other actors within this global governance architecture.
- Every year, we organise for the students of the Advanced Master in Political Economy on-site meetings that guide students through the inner-workings of international institutions, both in Europe and the US, such as at the European Commission, the World Bank, the OECD, the IMF and various think tanks.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Political Economy
- Data Analysis
- International Trade And Eu Trade Policy
- Impact Evaluation
- Industrial And Development Policies: Eu, Us, And Beyond
- Policy Workshop: Competition Policy In The Single Market
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Public Policy Political Science View 21 other Masters in Political Science in Belgium
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Bachelor or Master or equivalent (4 or 5 years of study overall)
- 3-year Bachelor (180 ECTS), preferably followed by 2 years of work experience
- Proficiency in English is a must
- Academic statement of purpose (max. 500 words)
- Two Letters of Recommendation (one must be from an academic)
- GRE exam (GMAT not acceptable)
- Resume/CV in English
- Official Transcripts (all prior institutions)
- Minimum GPA 3.0 on 4.0 (U.S.) scale where available.
- TOEFL score of at least 100 IELTS score (7.0) is also acceptable. The test is waived if a previous degree has been obtained at an English-speaking university.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International50000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 50000 USD for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
National50000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 50000 USD for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
This programme is taught in different countries. Which country are you interested in?
- United States
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.