The Fine Art programme of Iceland University of the Arts puts emphasis on art practice and research with a view to strengthen insight into the complexities of contemporary art contexts. We look for flexibility and specialization in materials and methods requiring you to be able to position yourself, to critique and challenge problems and situations within the field.You will be joining an artistic and intellectual community committed to contemporary art and art education. You will be placed in the city of Reykjavik in proximity to a growing but vibrant art-scene across a variety of art disciplines. One of the unique features of the Iceland University of the Arts is the students’ proximity to other disciplines in the arts. Collaboration is encouraged across various arts disciplines on an individual basis as well as through workshops and specific projects.
- Fine Art and Curatorial Practice Seminar
- Artistic Research, Practice and Theory
- Human Animal Relations
- Art and Consumer Society
- The Archive in Contemporary Art
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants will have completed a BA degree in Fine Art or in related fields of art and theory
- Applicants that do not fulfil the above requirement can be admitted to the programme provided that they demonstrate an understanding of fine art, its principles and mediums
- It is an advantage for applicants to have had some time to work as artists after completing their BA degree
- Furthermore, applicants are required to supplement their application with a statement outlining their area of interest within the field and the methods and/or research questions that they intend to investigate further through their art practices and study
- Certified copy of degree certificate(s) and programme / course transcript(s)
- References from two referees
- Letter of Motivation
- Artist Statement of Study
- Curriculum Vitae
- Portfolio of works
- Students must be proficient in spoken and written English in the academic context
International5530 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2765 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA5530 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2765 EUR per semester during 24 months.
- 445,578 ISK per semester
Living costs for Reykjavik
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.