Here are ten reasons for choosing the Master in Information and Computer Sciences programme at University of Luxembourg:
- Flexible specialisation options: profiles are a unique feature of our programme that empowers students by allowing them to choose multiple specialisations and to perform interdisciplinary studies.
- Individual supervision and small class sizes: we limit the student intake in order to provide an optimal learning environment; active participation of students during lectures is encouraged.
- Early involvement in research projects: students have the possibility, via student job positions, to participate early on in scientific research projects thus giving them a better idea what research is all about.
- Ties to industry: the master thesis can be done for a company; this option is especially interesting for students who do not plan to do a PhD.
- Strong research: our master programme is taught by staff from the Department of Computer Science, the largest Department at the University of Luxembourg and also the one with the highest scientific output. In the last few years the DCS has pursued a strategy of hiring top professors from around the world.
- International and multi-cultural environment: both students and faculty come from many different cultural backgrounds, which makes studying computer science in Luxembourg so much more exciting.
- Quality of life in Luxembourg: in a recent survey by Mercer Consultancy, Luxembourg was ranked the safest city among 215 capitals and 17th in terms of quality of living.
- At the heart of Europe: Luxembourg is a short train ride away from cities such as Paris, Brussels, Frankfurt.
- Luxembourg is a major European and financial centre.
- Low cost: there is only a 200€ fee per semester for registering for the master programme.
- Luxembourg is a major financial centre with ever increasing needs for highly qualified IT staff
- Other employment opportunities in the public sector, local industries and public research institutes
- PhD in computer science
- Basic Algebraic Structures
- Foundations of Computing
- Communication Theory
- Distributed Systems
- Intelligent Systems - Agents and Reasoning
- Intelligent Systems - Information Retrieval and Learning
- Intelligent Systems - Problem Solving
- Information Security Basics
- Principles of Software Development
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- We are looking for students with a Bachelor or equivalent diploma degree in computer science or relevant field, with good mathematical knowledge and with the motivation to study in a research-oriented field.
- The students must be able to read English with ease and to understand spoken English in lectures and group discussions.
- There is no need for work experience, but it can become a plus for a student to share industrial experiences.
- Do not forget to send in at least one academic letter of recommendation together with your documents.
- Language: level B2 in English
International400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 200 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 200 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Registration fees: 200 € / Semester
Living costs for Luxembourg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.