- History of Religions: Encounters and Conflict is focused on the issues of religious cross-pollination, coexistence and conflict with particular emphasis on Europe and the Middle East. Addressed in a long historical perspective stretching from Antiquity to the early modern period, the programme seeks to illuminate the roots of present peaceful coexistence and interchange, as well as of today's antagonisms and conflicts.
- The underlying idea of the programme at the MF Norwegian School of Theology is that, in order to fully grasp current religious conflicts and alliances, we need to understand how the perceptions of past and present are intertwined, reciprocally dependent and constantly reshaped.
MF Norwegian School of Theology (1908) is an accredited Specialized University focusing on Theology, Religion, and Social Studies, located in Oslo.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Encounters: Common categories and concepts in Abrahamic religions
- Conflict and negotiation: Selected topics
- Methodology: Texts and History
- The historical study of religion: Multidisciplinary theoretical perspectives
- Religious change, exchange and counterchange: A long-term historical perspective
- Owning and sharing holy matter: texts, artefacts and place
- Thesis for Master in History of Religions
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology Modern History View 6 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in Norway
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor’s degree or a period of study comparable with a Norwegian Bachelor's degree from a recognized Higher Education institution
- Applicants who complete a bachelor degree before July 1st can apply, but the application will not be considered before the completed degree is documented with a diploma and transcript of records. All other necessary documentation must be received by the application deadline, including the required English language test results.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.