On this course, you'll unpack the core areas of forensic accounting, including dispute and litigation support, expert witnessing, fraud examination and regulatory investigations. You'll learn to apply your expert skills in business valuation, assessment of economic damages, proceeds of crime and fraud.
If you study on campus, you'll learn full-time over 1 year or part-time over 30 months (starting in October/September).
The course is also available through distance learning over 1 year (starting in September), 2 years (starting in September) or 30 months (starting in January).
Once you graduate, you'll have all the tools you need for a rewarding career in forensic accounting within law firms, enforcement agencies and accountancy practices.
What you'll experience
- Investigate real-life case studies and learn the processes involved in compiling your own case, like gathering and presenting evidence and preparing expert reports
- Study exciting topics including corporate integrity and management control, fraud and forensic analysis, cybercrime, and interviewing and testimony
- Participate in webchats to discuss your work with expert staff and researchers, lecturers and other students. You'll also be supported by a personal tutor throughout the course of your studies (distance learning only)
- Complete a research project of your choice, to demonstrate your subject knowledge, analytical abilities and problem-solving skills
- Have the chance to use the University’s Bloomberg terminals to monitor and analyse company financial information
- Have 24/7 access to our library’s extensive electronic resources, including online ejournals and newspapers
Work experience and career planning
The MSc Forensic Accounting degree course will help you sharpen your accounting skills for use in civil, criminal and corporate litigation, and you'll learn the processes and procedures needed to investigate financial crime and regulatory compliance cases.
When you graduate, you'll be well placed for a career in dispute and litigation support, fraud examination, or forensic accounting and regulatory investigations.
Your degree can open doors to roles with:
- financial regulatory authorities
- law firms
- accountancy practices
- law enforcement agencies
We'll provide you with as much support as possible in finding employment through close industrial contacts, careers events, recruitment fairs and individual advice.
Teaching and programme assessment
Teaching on this course includes:
- computer-based workshops
- case studies
You'll be assessed in ways that reflect individual topics. You'll get feedback that's varied and constructive, to help build personal management and employability skills that you'll need in your career.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Corporate Governance and Ethics
- Data Analysis and Visualisation
- Database Design and Implementation
- Expert Witnessing and Dispute Resolution
- Financial Analysis
- Financial Crime and the Law
- Fraud Examination and Forensic Investigations
- Personal Tutorial
- Statistics and Data Modelling I
- Valuations and the Expert Report
Please see our website for our latest module information
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesFinance Accounting Forensic Accounting View 38 other Masters in Accounting in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A second-class honours degree or equivalent qualification and/or equivalent professional experience.
- English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 6.5 with no component score below 6.0.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.