The one-year Master of Science in Nutritional Sciences at The Hebrew University of Jerusalem leads to a non-thesis M.Sc. in Nutritional Sciences. After successful completion of the first year, qualified graduates may submit a request to be reviewed for admission to the thesis track for a second year of studies to earn a thesis degree, and continue for a PhD degree either in Israel or elsewhere.
Following graduation, the majority of alumni return to their home countries, where they hold key positions in health and nutrition promotion, education, academics, research, NGOs and government organizations.
One of the key factors of the success of the program is the close relationship between the Faculty of Agriculture and clinical and public health nutritionists, along with research and development teams in the food industry and the academic community. On-going collaboration allows for access to state-of-the-art research developments in the field and innovative approaches to address practical needs. At the heart of this academic community is the Faculty of Agriculture, Food and Environment of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Food Preparation in Health and Disease
- Nutrition and Aging
- Neurobiology of Feeding
- International Public Health
- Nutrient Gene Interactions
- Topics in Clinical Nutrition
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Nutrition & Dietetics Health Sciences
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at The Hebrew University of Jerusalem and/or in Israel, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- B.Sc. degree or equivalent from a recognized university in a relevant field: nutrition, food science, dietetics, biochemistry, chemistry, medicine, etc.
- Degrees in other science fields will be considered.
- Undergraduate level biochemistry and molecular biology.
- GPA of 80 or above (B- on the letter scale).
- High level of proficiency in all English skills, documented by one of the following:
- At least 89 on the TOEFL internet-based test
- At least 6.0 on the IELTS
- Documentation of previous academic studies conducted in English.
- Three letters of recommendation; at least one must be academic (not from family members).
- Relevant experience is recommended but not mandatory.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International4868 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4868 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National3898 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3898 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
- Annual tuition for all other programs – 14,042 NIS
- Annual tuition for Non-Israeli citizens for all other programs - 17,533 NIS
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.