Our Global Human Resource Management MSc teaches you how to operate effectively within diverse and complex contexts to demonstrate awareness of institutions and organisations. This course prepares you for the workforce of today and the future, regardless of an organisation’s size and characteristics.
Global human resource management enables organisations and professionals to:
- manage diverse workforces across national and geographic boundaries
- recognise socio-economic interdependence and interconnectedness both locally and globally
It involves a heightened awareness of:
- different institutional environments
- diversity and cultural sensitivities
- ethical and moral imperatives
This course provides you with a firm foundation in the skills required to pursue a career in this specialist field, these include:
You'll graduate with the ability to move globally in your career. You'll become socially adept, mobile and ethical.
Newcastle University Business School is accredited by the:
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
- European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS)
- Association of MBAs (AMBA)
Only 1% of business schools worldwide hold this triple crown. Our accreditations reflect the investments we make for our students through providing a high quality teaching environment, innovative programming and active engagement with industry.
Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD)
The course is fully accredited by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD). Successful completion leads to graduate membership of this prestigious institute. Membership provides you with access to leading resources, training support and networks to advance your professional practice in human resource management.
Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM)
The Global Human Resource Management MSc also aligns with the standards of the American based Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM), the world's largest association devoted to human resource management.
Newcastle University Business School is one of the largest Schools in the University. We have over 3,500 students representing over 83 nationalities. This valuable network extends beyond our current students to include:
- regional, nationality and international leaders
- leading professionals and practitioners from industry
The Business School is based in a building within the Newcastle Helix development – Newcastle's emerging business district.
Our facilities provide:
- a flexible and dedicated conference suite with panoramic views across the city
- Wi-Fi enabled connectivity throughout the building, including three computer clusters housing approximately 120 PCs
- four large lecture theatres and 21 seminar rooms, providing comfortable teaching and group study space
- a dedicated Hub, Base, and Lounge providing a balanced mix of study space and relaxation areas
- a contemporary café
Find out more about Newcastle University Business School
The course is fully accredited by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Global Human Resource Management: Theory and Practice
- People Management in Global Context
- Global Employment Relations
- The Reflexive Human Resource Practitioner
- Human Resource Development in a Global Economy
- Research Methods
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
We suggest international students apply at least two months before the course starts.
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Management Studies Human Resource Management View 836 other Masters in Business Administration in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A 2:1 honours degree, or international equivalent, in any subject.
- If you do not have a degree we will take your work experience into consideration. You need to have at least two years' of continuous work experience in a relevant field.
- You will also need to attend an interview (telephone or Skype) and provide a written submission.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International22800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22800 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National12600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12600 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Newcastle upon Tyne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.