KTU’s Chemical Engineering master study programme is created at the junction of science and industry aimed at educating qualified technologists. Its curriculum was developed in cooperation with the largest chemistry companies in Lithuania.
During your studies, you will get knowledge and skills of the product design and processes, of technological systems management. You will gain an in-depth understanding of the processes and equipment of chemical technology. Product development, development of technologies and product quality control are the three key competencies that are particularly important for the professionals in this field. After graduating from MSc Chemical Engineering at KTU, you will be able to manage ongoing processes, and you will improve your products with the latest methods.
We aim at developing our students’ critical thinking and fostering their curiosity through both teamwork and independent study. The practical tasks, using advanced chemical engineering laboratories and analytical equipment, prepare our students for tackling larger problems that span traditional boundaries of engineering or chemistry.
• According to national rankings, KTU MSc Chemical Engineering was the best in Lithuania (2016) based on the opinion of experts, employers and industry
• Students practice process management in state-of-the-art Chemical Engineering laboratories, among the best in the EU
• You will be able to carry out your research using software and analytic equipment from Aspen, Bruker AXS, Netzsch, Cilas, Perkin Elmer, Gerhardt, O’Hara Technologies
What will you study?
• Inorganic and organic materials
• Engineering: design, drawing, documenting, equipment, processes
• Chemical technology: production, models, recipes, production, industry
• Chemistry: analyses, analytical equipment, quality
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Chemical Reaction Engineering
- Fluid Dynamics
- Selected Chapters of Chemical Thermodynamics
- Engineering of binding materials
- Engineering of Petroleum Refining Processes
- Engineering of Polymeric Materials
- Theory and Technology of Compound and Special Fertilizers
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Chemistry General Engineering & Technology
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- a university Bachelor’s degree(min. length – 180 ECTS) in chemical engineering with a good average grade (min. CGPA>60%)
- motivation (skype interview)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International4787 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4787 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA4787 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4787 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Kaunas
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- Partial tuition fee waivers (up to 50%) are available for all the students, depending on their chosen study programme and their admission score.
- EU nationals and global citizens of Lithuanian origin can study in the state-funded study places. This means that all the applicants, who are falling into one of the aforementioned categories, participate in the general admission’s competition for master’s studies and get the chance to study for free depending on their admission score.
- All prospective students automatically become candidates to receive the International Student Scholarship which is assigned for the first year Bachelor or Masters students with strong academic record and motivation.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.