The Master by Research programme in Electronics at Mid Sweden University is the right choice for students who wish to specialize in electronics and aim for a career in research or in the electronics industry. During the programme, you work together with researchers on a research problem in one of Mid Sweden University’s largest research environments. You mix your research with the academic studies you need to solve the problem.
As a student, you are part of a research team at the research centre STC (Sensible Things that Communicate) that develops sensor-based systems and services in the fields of electronics and computer technology. Together with researchers, you take part in a research project and work both independently and together with others.
After the programme
After having completed your Master’s thesis, there are good opportunities to work in research within academia or trade and industry, or in product development with new technology.
- Scientific Writing and Presentation Techniques
- Problem formulation and Thesis Planning
- Development of Theory and Experiment
- Thesis Project
- Scientific Project
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Electronics & Embedded Technology General Engineering & Technology View 96 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- English course 6/English course B from Swedish Upper Secondary School (Gymnasium) or the equivalent.
- Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Science in Engineering or equivalent (at least 180 Credits/180 ECTS) in Electronics Engineering/Electronics, Computer Engineering or Physics, with at least 22.5 Credits (22.5 ECTS) in Mathematics and 22.5 Credits (22.5 ECTS) in Electronics Engineering.
International11084 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11084 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
- NON-EU/EEA: 125 000 SEK
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.