Child Protection degree offered at the University of the West of Scotland has been developed in the context of contemporary policy and practice developments relating to children’s protection and wellbeing in Scotland.
This programme has been designed to create an opportunity for inter-professional learning for those working in health, police, social work, education, the third sector and other related settings to enhance their knowledge of contemporary child protection theory that informs best practice.
You will be equipped to take on specialist child protection roles or be promoted to senior child protection roles within your agency such as:
- nurse consultant
- social work team manager
- child protection lead officer
- child protection advisor
- Child Protection in Context
- Protecting Children
- Child Protection Practice
- Children's Rights
- Practice Issues
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
International- The latest we can process your application is 6 weeks before the course start date
DisciplinesSocial Work Psychology View 843 other Masters in Psychology in United Kingdom
- You should normally have a degree, although those with significant practice experience will be considered for entry.
- All applicants must be able to draw from current practice experience in order to meet the PgCert’s assessment requirements. The Course Leader can provide more information prior to submitting an application.
International2465 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2465 GBP per module during 12 months.
National1610 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1610 GBP per module during 12 months.
For Scottish students, cost of study per year is 1,000£
Cost per 20-credit module of study
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.