Child Protection degree offered at the University of the West of Scotland has been developed in the context of contemporary policy and practice developments relating to children’s protection and well-being in Scotland.
Protecting our children is at the very heart of society and the individuals and teams who carry out these rewarding and challenging roles make a vital contribution to the safety and well-being of present and future generations. This PgCert will enhance your existing knowledge and understanding of the theory and evidence base that informs contemporary practice. In addition, it can prepare you for a more senior specialist career.
You will be equipped to take on specialist child protection roles or be promoted to senior child protection roles within your agency such as:
- nurse consultant
- social work team manager
- child protection lead officer
- child protection advisor
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Child Protection in Context
- Protecting Children
- Child Protection Practice
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesSocial Work Psychology View 238 other Masters in Social Work in United Kingdom
- You should normally have a degree, although those with significant practice experience will be considered for entry.
- All applicants must be able to draw from current practice experience in order to meet the PgCert’s assessment requirements. The Course Leader can provide more information prior to submitting an application.
National1000 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1000 GBP per module during 12 months.
- REST OF UK (ENGLISH, NORTHERN IRISH, WELSH)
- REPUBLIC OF IRELAND
Living costs for Paisley
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.