Nuclear Physics is a broad matter of relevance from both the fundamental knowledge of Nature and the multiple applications to different fields of strategic economical relevance. Consequently, in ths NucPhys- Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree in Nuclear Physics from University of Padova, fundamental theory and experiments as well as applications will be presented.
The main objectives of the Master are initiation in scientific research in Nuclear Physics including theory, experiments and applications. The various specialities of the partner institutions result in a complete offer of pathways for the students.
Students of NuPhys will be trained in basic nuclear physics and technology, safety and radiation protection. The Master addresses the integration of students in the industry and other institutions (i.e. hospitals), and seeks to bring young researchers into Euratom-supported research projects. Therefore, special attention is devoted to the further implementation, in the nuclear and relevant medical and industrial sectors, of initiatives to attract new talent in the nuclear field and develop competences and expertise beyond the academic curricula.
- Basic Experimental Nuclear Physics
- Quantum Mechanics
- Atomic and Molecular Physics
- Advanced Experimental Techniques in Nuclear Physics
- Applied Nuclear Physics
- Nuclear Structure: properties and models
- Nuclear Astrophysics
- Introduction to Nuclear Reactions
- Many-Body Theories in Nuclear Physics
The Master's Degree is aimed at all graduates in Physics, Chemistry, Engineering, etc. interested in acquiring quality postgraduate training in fields related to Nuclear Physics. In particular, the Master's Degree course will be useful for:
- Future researchers in the field of Nuclear Physics
- Medical physics
- Environmental radioactivity
- Nuclear techniques for multi-elemental analysis
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Call for application for admission to the master and simultaneous assignment scholarship in the NucPhys program closed on February 11th.
DisciplinesPhysics General Engineering & Technology Environmental Sciences View 14 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in Italy
Candidates for the NuPhys EMJMD must hold:
- A university qualification corresponding to bachelor in Physics according to the Bologna framework. Majors in related areas as Chemistry, Engineering, Applied Mathematics or similar or any other kind of scientist or engineer with a background related to the objective of the NuPhys EMJMD can be considered as elective candidates but with lower preference.
- Language skills: English, candidates from countries where English is not one of the official languages, must demonstrate their knowledge of English by proving that they have received their education in English or with a certified language level equivalent to B2 using the CEFR
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6000 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6000 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
There will be 16 Erasmus + Scholarships per edition of the Master Course. Out of these, 12 will be for partner country students and 4 for programme country students. Without prejudice to high academic standards, the Consortium shall respect the following basic criteria when selecting students for an Erasmus Mundus scholarship: No more than two of the students selected for an Erasmus Mundus scholarchip should have the same nationality.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.