Why study Theatre Arts MA at Middlesex University?
Through a combination of practice-based assignments, theoretical inquiry and independent research in your field, at the Theatre Arts MA at the Middlesex University you will develop the skills to locate and advance your work in both national and international professional contexts.
You will be taught by some of the UK's leading academic practitioners and associate artists and also have opportunities to interact with London’s booming creative industries, through high-profile guest lecturers, industry visits and professional placements while you study. Armed with these invaluable skills, experiences and professional contacts, you will graduate with the confidence to navigate an exciting career path in today's competitive arts industries.
- The course is your opportunity to investigate and advance your own theatre arts practice, however broad or specialised it currently is.
- You’ll benefit from national and international placement opportunities to expand your professional contacts and open doors to employment in the creative industries.
- You’ll be taught in fully-equipped studios and workshops, supported by specialist technicians to support your exploratory research and performance-related work
- You’ll have access to emerging theories and contemporary debates related to your field through our world-leading Centre for Research into Creation in the Performing Arts (ResCen) – a multi-disciplinary research centre that bridges academia and practice
- As a student of this course you'll receive a free electronic textbook for every module.
- London is an international centre for theatre and the programme has been designed to provide an academic framework that places you in an excellent position for employment as well as self-managed careers. Our graduates go on to pursue successful careers in the theatre and creative industries, including performing, directing, producing and managing.
- Last year, our students completed placements with Coney, Shobana Jeyasingh Dance Company, The Bush Theatre, Finborough Theatre, EbonyLife TV and Nick Brooke Entertainment Production among other organisations.
- Collaborative Project: Connecting Practices
- Research Methods in the Arts: Reflecting Practices
- Specialist Investigation: Exploring Practices
- Professional Contexts & Placements: Managing Practices
- Independent Project: Extending Practices
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- We recommend applying as early as possible for your chosen postgraduate course to ensure you are granted a place.
DisciplinesLiberal Arts Museum Studies Theatre & Dance View 266 other Masters in Liberal Arts in United Kingdom
- a second-class honours degree 2:2 or above, in an appropriate subject
- applications from any individual from an Arts or Humanities background already drawn to, or practising in, the theatre arts are welcome
International15100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15100 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.