Transnational Arbitration and Dispute Settlement from Sciences Po offers an extensive training in theoretical and practical aspects of arbitration and dispute settlement. The core matter of the program will be the study of transnational arbitration in all its forms. The program will also cover other mechanisms of international dispute settlement. These include judicial and non-judicial means of dispute resolution such as litigation before the International Court of Justice, at the World Trade Organization (Panel and Appellate Body), Human Rights Litigation (e.g. European or American framework).
Graduates work as barristers or solicitors and in the legal departments of major companies. They may also work as legal experts in European or international organisations, both governmental and non-governmental.
- Transnational commercial arbitration
- Public international law issues in international litigation
- Issues of international commercial arbitration
- Litigation strategy in inter State dispute settlement
- Brazilian Arbitration Forum
- Use of Comparative Law methodology in international arbitration (8 October)
- Sciences Po & Queen Mary Joint Conference
- Global competition litigation
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
between 75 and 100
DisciplinesInternational Law Legal Studies Master of Laws (LLM) View 6 other Masters in Legal Studies in France
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Sciences Po and/or in France, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Candidates must hold a law degree (Master 2, JD, LL.B., or the equivalent) and a professional experience. Please note that internships could be considered as professional experience.
- a minimum of 180 ECTS credits;
International25000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25000 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA25000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25000 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Paris
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.