Why study Political Science - Conflict, Power and Politics programme at Radboud University
- Our students rate this Master’s programme 8,6 out of 10. This Master's programme was recently awarded the quality label ‘Top Programme' and rated best in their field. This study programme is rated top programme for three consecutive years according to the students
- We combine insights from international relations, comparative politics, conflict studies and international ethics to get a solid grasp of the ethical and practical dimensions on intervention and peace building.
- The Master’s programme in Political Science is accredited by the NVAO (the Dutch-Flemish accreditation organisation). The panel, consisting of international experts, concludes that the programme is rightly proud of its community spirit, which continues to benefit the programme’s achievement level and its graduates’ careers alike
Students in this Master’s programme prepare for a career as academic, (inter)national policy or decision maker, or journalist. Students acquire skills for positions as policy makers in NGOs, media international organisations, political parties, national ministries, and supranational institutions.
They may also work as consultants for profit and non-profit organisations and as researchers at think tanks or universities. Our graduates obtain the skills that employers covet, such as sound research and analytical skills, excellent writing and oral communication skills, and experience in working in teams and working independently.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Conflicting Theories: Applying Theoretical Approaches of Conflict
- Political Mobilisation in Contemporary Societies: Structure, Identity and Choice
- Cooperation and Conflict in the 21st Century
- Advanced Research Methods
- Political and Geographical Conflict Resolution, Theory and Practice
- Internship / Elective
- Just War Theory
- Master's Thesis in Conflict, Power and Politics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
- 1 April: Final deadline
- 1 July: Final deadline
DisciplinesInternational Relations Public Policy Political Science View 58 other Masters in Public Policy in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Your admission into this programme depends on your previous education. You are admissible if you have a completed:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a similar (or related) field from another reserach university with a fair number of courses in your preferred specialisation. Your degree must be equivalent to a Dutch Research University diploma.
- Proficiency in English
Due to the strong academic nature of this programme, it is essential that students have the necessary basic research skills (both quantitative and qualitative). Applicants with little or no Social Science Research Methodology must first complete an (oral) examination in research methodology. The oral exam can be held in person in Nijmegen or via Skype.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16000 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA2209 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2209 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Nijmegen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
We have a number of scholarships available only for international Master’s students. You can find the full list, including details about eligibility requirements and how to apply, on the university's website
- Please do note, that most of these scholarships are not fully funded. The Radboud Scholarship Programme (RSP) is the only scholarship that offers both fully and partially funded scholarships.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.