The aim of the Information and Communication Security study from Technical University of Ostrava is to educate graduates with expert knowledge of Information and Communication Security who will be able to solve demanding assignments related to data security, communication and computer security.
The composition of the subjects in the curriculum covers the key security aspects of ICT and is chosen with respect to the practical skills and applicability of the acquired knowledge in the graduate's engineering practice.
Applying graduates is wherever you need to address data security, information secrecy, communications security, data processing, and other challenging ICT security tasks. As an example, companies such as TietoEnator, Microsoft, AVG, Avast, Monet, IBM, CodeCreator, banks and financial institutions and many others can be mentioned.
- Graduate of the study program within the st. the Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) program is profiled in the field of information and communication security, where it acquires expert knowledge of security of computer systems, communication and cryptography. Within its elective subjects, it develops its expertise especially in the field of computer networks and data processing.
- The curriculum is designed with emphasis on ICT security expertise and practical skills to ensure graduate employment in the labor market. The profiling of the graduate is attended by employees of the Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at VSB-TU Ostrava, in particular the Department of Informatics, Telecommunications and Applied Mathematics.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Data Analysis
- Multimedia Communication and Content
- Probability and Statistics
- Programming in Operating Systems
- Safety in Electrical Engineering
- Biologically Inspired Algorithms
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology IT Security View 3 other Masters in IT Security in Czech Republic
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Technical University of Ostrava and/or in Czech Republic, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- e-Application form
- Copies of graduation certificates (Diploma and Diploma Supplement or Transcript of Records)
- Recognition document of graduation certificate - official document to say that the degree is recognized in the Czech Republic
- Payment of Registration Fee 500 CZK per 1 study programme, it is non-refundable.
- Valid visa and passport.
International4000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA4000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Ostrava
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.