Why study Human Geography - Cultural Geography and Tourism specialisation at Radboud University
- he programme takes an emancipatory approach to the field of Human Geography, meaning that we engage with the less privileged in society. We also take a very theoretical approach to this field while never losing sight of the social relevance of what we are studying.
- The programme focuses as much on mainstream theory as on alternative ones. This will help you develop an academic attitude that allows you to be critical when it comes to your own views, research and findings.
- Although the foundation of this specialisation is geographical, our approach to this theme is highly multidisciplinary to include related fields as cultural studies, psychology, anthropology, economics, spatial planning and environmental policy studies.
- Over the past years, Radboud University has made a name for itself in the field of Human Geography for not shying away from critical debates and by researching topics in the field that are of social importance but not always favoured with large (EU) funding. We’re known for not staying on the beaten path.
With expertise gained during this Master’s, a graduate can be employed in a wide range of jobs, both in and outside the Netherlands, for example:
- Government agency: as city or region manager, city or region marketer, city or landscape planner, etc.
- Semi-government agencies such as development agencies, cultural planning agencies, but also research institutes: as researcher, consultant, advisor, policy maker, etc.
- Private industry: as event manager, museum director, city or region marketer, consultant, journalist, PR-manager, tourist office manager, event manager.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Urban and Cultural Geography
- Preparing the Master’s Thesis
- Master's Thesis in Cultural Geography and Tourism
- Tourist Experiences
- Governance of Tourism and Natural Resources
- Sustainable Tourism: Society & Environmental Aspects
- Leisure, Tourism and Globalisation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Deadline passed, EEA/EU
Radboud University will still consider EU/EEA applications until 1 July, but may not be able to offer assistance with accommodation.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Geography Tourism & Leisure View 7 other Masters in Tourism & Leisure in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- In order to get admission to this Master's you will need a completed Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent, from a research university) from a geography-related discipline, such as Spatial Planning, Geography, Environment Studies.
- For students with a completed Bachelor's degree (or equivalent, from a research university) in a related area our prior education might first needs to be approved by the examination Board in order to enroll in the study programme, by matter of an intake interview.
- Proficiency in English
- Because of the academic nature of this programme, we require all our students to have basic training in research processes
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International11471 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11471 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA2143 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2143 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
- Radboud Scholarship Programme
- The Orange Tulip Scholarship Programme
- Holland Scholarship Programme
- Fulbright-Radboud Scholarships
- StuNed scholarship programme
- Radboud University Medical Center Study Fund
- Radboud Faculty of Arts Study Fund
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.