Why study International Political Economy specialisation at Radboud University
- Combining economics and political science courses, you will acquire the knowledge you need in order to resolve international policy issues. Interdisciplinary courses will help you grasp the complexity of many of today’s global issues and to get a better grip on the underlying political forces.
- Unique for the Netherlands, our programme is taught by both economists and political scientists. With this specialisation, you can gain a Master’s either in Political Science or in Economics.
- Education and research at Radboud University go hand in hand. Our lecturers are active in academic and applied research and incorporate the latest academic developments and applied issues in their teaching. Being active in academic and applied research, our lecturers incorporate the latest academic developments and practical issues.
Alumni from economics and political science have positions as policy makers in businesses, international organisations, political parties, national ministries, market authorities, the European Parliament and the European Commission.
They also work as consultants for profit and non-profit organisations and as researchers at think-tanks or universities. In addition alumni are employed by banks, other financial institutions and the media. This is because our graduates have the competences required by employers, such as sound research and analytical skills, excellent written and oral communication skills, and experience in working in teams and working independently.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Current Debates in International Political Economy
- Methods of Empirical Analysis
- Pluralisms in Economics
- Global Political Economy
- Culture and Institutions
- Inequality and Development
- Macroeconomics and Policy
- Changes in World Politics: the Rise of the BRIC Countries
- The Politics of Reform
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
Radboud University will still consider EU/EEA applications until 1 July, but may not be able to offer assistance with accommodation.
DisciplinesEconomics International Relations Political Science View 62 other Masters in Political Science in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Your admission into this programme depends on your previous education. You are admissible if you have a completed:
- In order to be admitted to the IPE/Political Science Master’s programme, you will need a Bachelor’s degree in Political Sciences or a related discipline. In addition, you are required to have at least 18 EC of completed course work in Economics, 6 of which in International Economics (2nd year or higher). Your degree must be equivalent to a Dutch Research University diploma.
- Due to the strong academic nature of this programme, it is essential that students have the necessary basic research skills. Applicants with no Research Methodology need to complete an (oral) examination in research methodology.
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak which has led to the temporary closure of test centres, Radboud University currently also accepts the iBT TOEFL Special Home Edition. For all other questions regarding the coronavirus please visit our FAQ.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16000 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA2168 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2168 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
- Radboud Scholarship Programme
- The Orange Tulip Scholarship Programme
- Holland Scholarship Programme
- Fulbright-Radboud Scholarships
- StuNed scholarship programme
- Radboud University Medical Center Study Fund
- Radboud Faculty of Arts Study Fund
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.