The rapid development of the renewable field has led to a shortage of fully skilled electrical engineers who are competent in both classic power system operation and renewable system integration.
The Electrical Systems (Online) programme at Engineering Institute of Technology presents the widely used wind and solar energy as centralized and distributed power sources as well as the effects of renewable integration on classic power issues. You will also learn energy storage as an integral part of a microgrid or at a larger utility level. You will get the opportunity to understand the use of artificial intelligence and machine learning as data-driven approaches in smart grids with the application of smart meters. The section on project management provides the skills required for effective management of power generation, transmission, and distribution projects.
The Project Thesis, the capstone of the program, requires a high level of personal autonomy and accountability, as it reinforces the knowledge and skill base developed in the previous units. As a significant research component of the program, this project will facilitate research, critical evaluation, and the application of knowledge and skills with creativity and initiative, enabling you to critique current professional practice in the electrical engineering industry.
Potential job roles include engineering and management positions in the following areas of expertise:
- Electrical and electronics system design
- Instrumentation, control systems & automation
- Oil & gas
- Systems engineering
- Communication systems
- Embedded systems
- Electric vehicles
- Power generation & distribution
- Renewable and energy storage systems
The qualification is officially accredited by the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA). EIT delivers this program to students worldwide.This qualification is officially accredited within the Australian Qualifications Framework by the Training Accreditation Council (TAC), and EIT is approved by the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) for delivery by EIT in all Australian states. EIT delivers this program to students worldwide.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Power Generation
- Transmission and Distribution Systems
- Electric Power System Analysis
- Power Conversion
- System Stability Analysis
- Professional Engineering Management
- Renewable Energy Systems
- Power System Safety and Protection
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- You must submit your application at least four weeks before the start date to be considered for your desired intake.
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 12 other Masters in Electrical Engineering in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS Provider Number - 03567C
- A recognized 3-year bachelor degree* in an engineering qualification in a congruent** field of practice; OR
- An EIT Bachelor of Science (Engineering) degree* in a congruent** field of practice; OR
- A 4-year Bachelor of Engineering qualification (or equivalent) that is recognized under the Washington Accord or by Engineers Australia, in a congruent**, or a different field of practice at the discretion of the Admissions Committee; OR
- A 4-year Bachelor of Engineering qualification (or equivalent)* that is not recognized under the Washington Accord, in a congruent** field of practice to this program; AND
- An appropriate level of English Language Proficiency equivalent to an English pass level in an Australian Senior Certificate of Education, or an IELTS score of 6.0
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
- Tuition fees depend on your country of origin.
- EIT International Science and Engineering Merit (ISEM) Scholarship
- EIT Women in Engineering Scholarship
- The EIT Dean’s Scholarship
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.