During this Electrical Systems (Online) programme at Engineering Institute of Technology you will learn how to design the components of a power system including generation, transmission, distribution and associated systems.
You will also cover the automation, protection and control components that contribute to the high level of reliability expected from current power systems.
Upon completion of this program you will gain:
- Skills and knowledge in the latest developing technologies in electrical systems
- Practical guidance from electrical experts from around the world
- A valuable and accredited Master of Engineering (Electrical Systems) degree
- Global networking contacts in academia and industry
- Improved career options
The ever-increasing demand for electricity, the rising costs of power generation and a shortage of skilled electrical engineers are challenges faced world-wide.
Expanding economies and populations require an adequate and uninterrupted supply of electrical power. This places enormous pressure on power industries; they need to competently fuel this growing demand cost effectively. The greater challenge, however, is the scarcity of skilled personnel to design, operate and maintain the power networks.
Potential Job Outcomes
Potential job roles include engineering and management positions in the following areas of expertise:
- Electrical and electronics system design
- Instrumentation, control systems & automation
- Oil & gas
- Systems engineering
- Communication systems
- Embedded systems
- Electric vehicles
- Power generation & distribution
- Renewable and energy storage systems.
The qualification is officially accredited by the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA). EIT delivers this program to students worldwide.This qualification is officially accredited within the Australian Qualifications Framework by the Training Accreditation Council (TAC), and EIT is approved by the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) for delivery by EIT in all Australian states. EIT delivers this program to students worldwide.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Units include the topics of:
- Power Generation
- Underground Power System Design
- Overhead Line and System Design
- Insulation Coordination and Substation Design
- Substation Automation
- Project Management
- Environmental Issues and Sustainability
- Electrical Safety - Earthing / Grounding
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 12 other Masters in Electrical Engineering in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS Provider Number - 03567C
To gain entry into this program, applicants need one of the following:
- a recognized 3-year bachelor degree in an engineering qualification in a congruent field of practice.
- an EIT Bachelor of Science (Engineering) degree in a congruent field of practice.
- a 4-year Bachelor of Engineering qualification (or equivalent), that is recognized under the Washington Accord or Engineers Australia, in a congruent, or a different field of practice at the discretion of the Admissions Committee.
- a 4-year Bachelor of Engineering qualification (or equivalent) that is not recognized under the Washington Accord, in a congruent field of practice to this program.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Please contact EIT for detailed fee information
- EIT International Science and Engineering Merit (ISEM) Scholarship
- EIT Women in Engineering Scholarship
- The EIT Dean’s Scholarship
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.