The Advanced Materials and Technologies of Photonics program at ITMO University is aimed at training international-level specialists with competencies in a variety of topics from fundamentals of materials physics, theory and practice of the synthesis of photonic materials, physics and technology of semiconductor structures to applied aspects of the creation of modern optical devices and systems.
Companies potentially interested in hiring the program’s graduates
Soft-Impact company, JSC “Radiotechnical Institute named after academician A.L. Mints”, Scientific and Production Association of Special Materials CJSC, Connector Optics, INTER RAO LED Systems, IRE-Polyus, IPG Photonics Corporation, Samsung, Corning, Concern Central Research Institute Elektropribor, COMET Corporation, etc.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The students will be provided with knowledge in the fields of
- and research of semiconductor nanostructures, particularly nanocrystals and quantum dots,
- structure and key features of activated dielectric materials (crystals, glass and glass-ceramics),
- as well as using these in the development of devices and systems for semiconductor electronics,
- waveguide photonics, and nonlinear,
- diffraction, interference, biomedical, sensory and display optics.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Physics View 21 other Masters in Physics in Russia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The applicants are required to pass entrance examinations successfully.
- Bachelor's degree in Physics, Engineering or relevant field with excellent/good grades. CV & motivation letter. Upper-intermediate level of English*
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International3518 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3518 EUR per year during 24 months.
National3296 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3296 EUR per year during 24 months.
297,000 rubles for Russian students,
317,000 rubles for international students
Living costs for Saint Petersburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
This programme is taught in different countries. Which country are you interested in?
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.