Be a part of the technology of the future!
The Geospatial Information Science programme of the University of Gävle develops experts that are in demand on the labour market. With a history from a field related to geospatial information you will acquire an in-depth understanding of different geospatial concepts and techniques enabling you to design, create and utilize innovative GIS-based solutions in various fields of application.
The Master in Geomatics aim to help address challenges in the environment and the society. The preparation and production of spatial data, which are also important learning outcomes of the programmes, are crucial to achieve most of the 17 global development goals.
In particular the programme connects to Sustainable Cities and Communities, Life on Land and Climate Action.
A growing labour market
After the course you will be able to find employment in both the private and public sectors, particularly within fields such as the environment, urban planning or disaster management.
You can also work or research at an institute of higher education within the fields of, for example, geography, geomatics , urban planning, spatial planning and urban-development programmes. Examples of suitable jobs include GIS application developers, GIS analysts, 3D geovisualization experts, scenario planners and remote sensing experts.
The programme is for both Swedish and foreign students and teaching is in English.
- Studies on Advanced Level in Geospatial Information Science
- GIS Data Structures and Algorithms
- Thematic and Web Cartography
- Spatial Analysis for Planning
- Programming and Scripting for GIS
- Remote Sensing
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesGeography Geographical Information Systems (GIS) View 8 other Masters in Geographical Information Systems (GIS) in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A completed Bachelor's degree, corresponding to a Swedish Bachelor's degree (180 ECTS), or equivalent academic qualifications from an internationally recognised university.
- Minimum 60 credits in a subject relevant for Geospatial Information Science (e.g. GIS, geodetic surveying, software engineering).
- English language proficiency equivalent to (the Swedish upper secondary school) English course B/6.
International12632 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6316 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
- 66,000 SEK per semester
Living costs for Gävle
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.