KU Leuven organises an online open day on 1 December. For more information, please visit www.kuleuven.be/online-open-day.
The Statistics programme at KU Leuven has teaching grounded in internationally recognised research. You will be trained intensively by experts in both the broad theoretical and the practical aspects of statistics. The programme will teach you how to apply statistical methodology. You will gain all the necessary experience and insight to be confident within any situation to quickly and efficiently complete any given problem.
The applications of statistics are very diverse, just like your professional options. As a highly skilled statistician, you'll be recruited by industry, banks or government institutions. Many graduates go on to designing clinical trials and supporting the biomedical sector, coaching research for new medicines, setting up and analysing psychological tests and surveys, performing financial risk analyses, statistically managing R&D projects and quality controls, or developing statistical software.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Science Communication and Outreach
- Science and Sustainability: a Socio-Ecological Approach
- Fundamental Concepts of Statistics
- Statistical Software
- Multivariate Statistics
- Regression Analysis
To apply for the Master of Science in Statistics, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Successful completion of an academic bachelor’s degree with ordinary at least two courses in introductory statistics. Here you find some useful references and sample web lectures of a few selected courses.
- To strengthen their application, applicants may decide to take and provide results of a GRE/GMAT test.
- Applicants should provide brief course descriptions of the statistical, mathematical and otherwise quantitative courses that they followed during their prior higher education.
- As courses are taught in English, proven proficiency in English is required for non-native English speakers.
- The admission committee may propose to discuss an application with an applicant via a brief skype interview.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.