Learning, teaching and training are profoundly affected by the challenges of the digital age. Whether you are a teacher, lecturer, trainer, librarian, researcher, manager or learning technologist, the Digital Education programme (formerly known as E-learning) will give you the practical teaching skills and critical insight you need in this fast-moving and richly diverse field.
The Digital Education (Online Learning) programme at The University of Edinburgh is distinctive for its innovative design, its breadth of scope, the high level of support provided to students and its basis in the research activity of the Centre for Research in Digital Education.
The skills and knowledge this programme provides will enable you to expand your existing career into the fast-moving and richly diverse field of digital education.
The research skills you gain in the MSc programme will equip you for further study and possibly an academic career if you choose.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Critical Issues in Digital Education (compulsory for all students)
- Research Methods (compulsory for those studying for the MSc)
- Course Design for Digital Environments
- Critical Data and Education
- Digital Education in the Majority World
- Digital Education: Strategy and Policy
- Digital Futures for Learning
- Education and Digital Culture
- Information Literacies in Digital Education
- Learning Spaces and Digital Technologies
- Digital games, play and the psychology of learning
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
We encourage you to apply at least one month prior to entry so that we have enough time to process your application.
Msc - 180
PgCert - 60
PgDip - 120
DisciplinesEducation Digital Communication View 23 other Masters in Digital Communication in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A UK 2:1 honours degree, or its international equivalent, in a relevant discipline. You should demonstrate a professional interest in the programme.
- We may also consider your application if you have relevant employment or experience; please contact us to check before you apply.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International2283 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13700 GBP for the full programme during 72 months.
National2283 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13700 GBP for the full programme during 72 months.
- Msc - £13,700
- PgDip - £9,135
- PgCert - £4,570
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.