You gain a strong grounding in the neuroscience that underpins mental health, well-being, and psychiatric illness, social and affective interaction, and human cognition.
Your learning will bridge three research and clinical disciplines.
Clinical neuroscience will give you an understanding of mental health and neurological, psychological or psychiatric illness via their neural and cognitive antecedents.
Social neuroscience will let you investigate brain processes that help us communicate, feel, learn, and interact with others.
Cognitive neuroscience will enable you to explore human cognitive functions such as memory, perception and language in healthy and clinical states.
In this Clinical, Social and Cognitive Neuroscience programme from City, University of London you will learn from seminars, lectures, computing and statistics classes, and by undertaking an individual research project supervised by a member of staff.
Our teaching is research-led and delivered by internationally recognised experts in their field. Your learning experience will be enhanced by our invited speakers' programme of external experts working in clinical, social or cognitive neuroscience.
Optional clinical and research internships are available to you, presenting significant additional learning opportunities.
- Developmental Cognitive Neuroscience
- Mental Health, Well-being and Neuroscience
- Social Cognition and the Social Brain
- Statistical models and Research Methods and Programming
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesSociology Neuroscience Clinical Psychology View 326 other Masters in Clinical Psychology in United Kingdom
- In order to be eligible for entry, you must hold a first or upper second class degree in Psychology, Biology or a related discipline. An equivalent qualification from an overseas university will also be considered.
- You must provide the email addresses to two referees, at least one must be from an academic referee if you are a recent graduate and we will contact them directly. Other suitable referees may include a current employer or an organisation where you have undertaken relevant work experience.
- We also require that you upload evidence of your academic qualifications and a personal statement.
International17320 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17320 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10280 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10280 GBP per year during 12 months.
Part-time per year
- UK: £5,140
- Overseas/EU: £8,660
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.