In the Biology, Plant Science programme from Lund University, you will learn about the mechanisms that are involved in the evolution of new plant species and the factors that control plant diversity and the distribution of plant species. You will come to understand the way in which mating systems and population structure influence gene flow and genetic diversity in plants. You will find out about how plants interact with other organisms and their ability to adapt to environmental change. At the same time, you will gain practical experience of ecological and systematic methodology.
The educational programme provides a foundation for continued studies at the doctoral level within the fields of plant biology, evolutionary botany, plant ecology, conservation biology, plant breeding and biotechnology, but also opens doors to employment within the public sector, forestry and agricultural organisations, ecological and conservation consultancy, plant breeding and education.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Plant Systematics and Diversity
- Population and Community Ecology
- Soil and Plant Ecology
- Conservation Biology
- Molecular Ecology and Evolution
- Methods in Molecular Biology
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor s degree of at least 180 credits, of which 90 credits must be in science, including 5 credits in statistics and 60 credits in biology comprising cell biology, genetics, microbiology, ecology and botany, or the equivalent, or Bachelor s degree of at least 180 credits, of which 90 credits must be in science, including 30 credits in chemistry and 45 credits in biology comprising cell biology, genetics, microbiology and molecular biology, or the equivalent.
- Based on grades awarded for previous academic courses, as well as a statement of purpose for the application and qualifications from research/work of relevance to the study programme (from the applicant s Summary sheet ).
International13742 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 27484 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
Full programme/course tuition fee: SEK 290 000
The Lund University Global Scholarship programme is a merit-based and selective scholarship targeted at top academic students from countries outside the EU/EEA.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.