The Master's in Accounting and Finance from Lund University provides a strong theoretical grounding provided by the research-based faculty. The programme is also highly applied, requiring a significant amount of independent study and preparation is required for being successful as a student.
We make intensive use of challenging, team-based assignments and cases that focus attention on business and the role of corporate finance and management accounting in a strategic management setting. The programme will deepen your analytical thinking and your problem-solving skills, as well as enhance your teamwork skills and your practical corporate finance or management accounting and performance management skills. And you will study together with students from all over the world.
One programme – two specialisations
When applying to this programme, you select either the specialisation in Corporate Finance or the specialisation in Accounting and Management Control.
The specialisation in Corporate Finance is an advanced, challenging, and intensive programme designed for students with an undergraduate major in corporate finance, finance, or financial management.
The specialisation in Accounting and Management Control is an advanced and rigorous program that caters to students who are aiming for leadership roles in financial management and control.
The programme provides a strong foundation for top financial management roles such as CFO or finance director, as well as for positions such as financial or business controller, financial or business analyst, financial or treasury manager, finance business partner, and other accounting and finance functions.
- Corporate Financial Tactics and Strategies
- Strategic Management Accounting and Control
- Financial Accounting and Risk Management. Corporate Valuation
- Equity Financing and Governance
- Empirical Corporate Finance
- Corporate Risk Management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
You should apply between mid-October to 15 January for studies starting in the autumn semester (August/September).
DisciplinesFinance Accounting Risk Management View 21 other Masters in Finance in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Programme specific requirements: An undergraduate degree (BA/BSc) with at least 90 ECTS in business administration, which must include a course in corporate finance/financial management and a course in financial accounting.
- Additional requirements for the specialisation in Corporate Finance: in addition to the programme specific admission requirements, the specialisation in Corporate Finance requires 15 credits in corporate finance/finance/financial management and a course in econometrics or statistics.
- Additional requirements for the specialisation in Accounting and management control: in addition to the programme specific admission requirements, the specialisation in Accounting and management control requires 15 credits in financial accounting or managerial accounting.
International11739 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11739 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
Full programme/course tuition fee: SEK 120 000
Living costs for Lund
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
The Lund University Global Scholarship programme is a merit-based and selective scholarship targeted at top academic students from countries outside the EU/EEA.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.