You'll learn about medical management, fitness assessment, exercise prescription and behaviour change, and develop your professional skills in exercise and physical activity. You'll learn how to support people with long-term conditions such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, stroke chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, renal disease, arthritis and cancer.
When you complete the course, you'll be set for a career providing clinical exercise physiology services and have the option to work towards becoming a clinical exercise physiologist.
Careers and opportunities
The demand for qualified clinical exercise specialists is high, and the knowledge and skills you'll gain on this course will place you in a strong position to pursue a career in a variety of clinical settings, in both the public and private sector.
Jobs you can do
Career opportunities include:
- Health and wellbeing physiologist
- Clinical exercise physiologist
- Exercise referral coordinator
- GP exercise referral coordinator
- NHS trainee clinical scientist
- Health advisor
- Cardiopulmonary exercise testing research technician
- Mental health exercise instructor
- NHS physical activities adviser
- Private exercise physiologist
You could also do postgraduate research, including a PhD.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Core Modules include:
- Pathophysiology and Medical Management
- Psychology of Exercise and Physical Activity
- Clinical Exercise Physiology
- MSc Professional Development
- MSc Research Development and Practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
Make your application as soon as possible.
DisciplinesSports Management Sports Sciences View 149 other Masters in Sports Management in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A minimum of a 2:1 honours degree or equivalent in a relevant subject. Professional experience and other qualifications may be taken into consideration for applicants not meeting this requirement.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Living costs for Portsmouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.