Nutrition has long been recognised as a vitally important determinant of health status within both industrialised and industrialising countries. Significant changes are occurring in the profile of nutritional problems.
Many countries continue to face problems of malnutrition and micronutrient deficiencies, but countries in economic transition also face the public health challenge of rising rates of diet-related chronic disease, such as obesity and coronary heart disease.
Also, many industrialised countries now face problems of food insecurity among low-income groups. These challenges have led to growing political resources to address nutrition.
With the Global Public Health Nutrition course offered at the University of Westminster you will be introduced to policy making, leadership and governance frameworks. You will be encouraged to explore and debate the political and social influences underpinning policy implementation and impact.
There are numerous career paths our graduates follow, from working with Public Health England in writing policies, to acting as nutrition advisers to the Department of Health or other nutrition-focused organisations.
Many of the graduates go on to work in international development with organisations such as Save the Children, Action against Hunger, UNICEF, GAIN, FAO, WFP and WHO.
Other graduates continue their academic studies by moving on to a PhD or becoming a lecturer.
- Concepts And Principles Of Human Nutrition
- Diet And Disease
- Global Challenges For Food And Health
- Nutrition Interventions And Programme Planning
- Nutritional Assessment
- Policy And Governance For Public Health Nutrition
- Research Methods For Health Sciences Ii And Research Project
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Health Sciences View 98 other Masters in Nutrition & Dietetics in United Kingdom
- A minimum of a lower second class honours degree (2:2) in a relevant discipline including science or a social science subject.
- Students from a non-nutrition background are welcome to apply but they will be invited to complete our Essentials of Nutrition course, which has four short assessments.
International14000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA8500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.