Objectives of the Web Development program at University of Winnipeg
- Apply Adobe Photoshop to the visual design of Websites;
- Gain a solid understanding of best practices in search engine optimization (SEO);
- Create web pages in past, current, and emerging standards using HTML, XHTML, CSS, and XML
- Create rich multimedia files using Flash
- Use, edit and customize Dreamweaver and a variety of content management systems including Wordpress, Drupal, and Joomla for agile web development purposes;
- Plan, design, and create relational database systems;
- Understand TCP/IP and Networking in general to help trouble shoot issues and design solutions to potential performance problems;
- Gain an understanding of security problems in order to install, set-up, and secure a Web server.
- Web Developer
- Web Programmer
- Software Developer
- Application Developer
- PHP Developer
- ASP Developer
- Java Developer
- Database Administrator
- Linux Administrator
- Windows Administrator
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Advanced HTML5/CSS3
- Advanced PHP Programming
- Custom Theme Development in Wordpress
- Data Modelling & Normalization with MYSQL
- Effective Written Communication
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology Computer Sciences Web Technologies & Cloud Computing View 127 other Masters in Computer Sciences in Canada
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Winnipeg - Professional, Applied and Continuing Education (PACE) and/or in Canada, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Students applying to The University of Winnipeg PACE during the COVID-19 pandemic, may use the Duolingo English Test with a minimum score of 120 with a minimum Production score of 100s.
International students are required to hold a minimum of an undergraduate degree as follows:
- Bachelor Degree in an IT or Computer Science related discipline and minimum one year of work experience
- Bachelor Degree and minimum one year of technical experience working in IT (programming or software development preferred)
- The Cumulative GPA, or Final Percentage, on these transcripts will be assessed for eligibility.
Web Development Diploma applicants must have a minimum of one year of professional work experience.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International22415 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22415 CAD for the full programme during 12 months.
National15700 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15700 CAD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Winnipeg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Students attending programs at PACE are eligible for many funding possibilities such as bursaries, scholarships, government student aid, lines of credit, and sponsorship.Financial Aid is administered by the Awards and Financial Aid Office, which supports the access and excellence mandate of The University of Winnipeg through a comprehensive program of scholarships, awards, prizes and bursaries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.