Become a highly-skilled communicator ready to take on public relations in both corporate and not-for-profit environments.
Outcomes of the PR, Marketing and Strategic Communication Management program at University of Winnipeg :
- Identify, analyze, and influence organizational objectives, communications strategies, and key interest groups
- Guide management on key business and policy decisions
- Develop public relations strategies that create awareness and favourable perception, and/or promote your products and services and set measurable objectives from which to evaluate their effectiveness
- Build collegial and cooperative relationships with a variety of public interest groups, internal and external clients, and the media
- Design and implement a media relations strategy expanding your visibility in the community
- Analyze consume buying patterns, employ marketing tools and research methodologies to determine environmental and competitive factors affecting products and services, and develop new products and/or services meriting consumer interest and increasing market share
- Master public relations communications writing template including: a well-tooled press kit, news releases, annual reports, newsletters, brochure content, and personality profiles
- Plan and direct the crisis and change management process
- Coordinate and prepare material for internal and external promotional publications, including planning articles, editing copy, supervising print preparation, distributing publications
- Gain an understanding of digital communication technologies, their impact in traditional approaches to public relations and marketing, and how to adapt print-based collaterals for this new medium
- Exercise sound financial decision-making and budgeting skills
- Communications Officer
- Community Relations Officer
- Communications and Marketing Coordinator
- Communications Advisor
- Communications Coordinator
- Communications and Social Media Officer
- Digital and Social Media Coordinator
- Events Coordinator
- Marketing Communications Specialist
- Marketing Manager
- Marketing Coordinator
- Public Relations Coordinator
- Public Relations and Marketing Coordinator
- Fund Development Officer
Upon completion of this program students will earn three valuable educational credentials: Marketing Diploma, Digital & Social Media Marketing Certificate and Management Certificate.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advertising Fundamentals
- Business Fundamentals
- Case Studies & Issues in Public Relations
- Corporate Sponsorship
- Cultural Dimensions & Environmental Influences
- Customer Relationship Management
- Digital & Social Media Marketing
- Effective Oral Communication
- Effective Written Communication
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 13 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMarketing Public Relations Digital Communication View 36 other Masters in Digital Communication in Canada
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- International students are required to hold a minimum of an undergraduate degree (education related to marketing and/or communications is preferred)
- The Cumulative GPA, or Final Percentage, on these transcripts will be assessed for eligibility.
Preference will be given to applications with work experience related to marketing and/or communications.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International18253 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19775 CAD for the full programme during 13 months.
National12000 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13000 CAD for the full programme during 13 months.
Living costs for Winnipeg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Students attending programs at PACE are eligible for many funding possibilities such as bursaries, scholarships, government student aid, lines of credit, and sponsorship.
Financial Aid is administered by the Awards & Financial Aid Office, which supports the access and excellence mandate of The University of Winnipeg through a comprehensive program of scholarships, awards, prizes and bursaries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.