This accredited integrated Civil Engineering programme from City, University of London covers structural, geotechnical and hydraulic engineering. Over four years, you will develop professional engineering skills, with a focus on innovative and sustainable solutions to infrastructure problems.
Individual and group engineering design projects demonstrate your expertise to future employers. Whilst a fourth year, at master’s level, helps you transition from study to professional practice.
- Benefit from exceptional industry involvement in the degree programme, including projects set by industry and guest lectures from practising engineers
- Study in world leading test facilities, including our flagship Geotechnical Centrifuge Facility, where you conduct research and test your theories
- Get hands-on experience with concrete casting, soil testing equipment and centrifuges
- Take an optional placement year to boost your employability. Recent placements have included Balfour Beatty, AECOM, Arup, Interserve and Network Rail
- Enjoy easy access to leading civil and structural engineering contractors and consultants thanks to our central London location
- Fast track your progress to Chartered Engineer status, with a degree that meets all academic requirements for professional registration.
CareerCivil engineers plan, design and construct the infrastructure around us, working on projects such as motorways, railways, hospitals and airports. City graduates have worked on some of the most important civil engineering projects in recent times, including the HS2 rail project and the development of London landmark buildings.Recent graduates have secured work with:
- Network Rail
- Bouygues Construction
- Farrans Construction.
- The current MEng Civil Engineering degrees are accredited by the Joint Board of Moderators
- Engineering Science
- Fluid Mechanics
- Solid Mechanics
- Personal & Professional Development
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesArchitecture Civil Engineering & Construction General Engineering & Technology View 277 other Masters in Architecture in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- ABB (including Mathematics)
- 128 UCAS tariff points
- 31 points with 'Higher Level Mathematics at grade 6' OR 'Standard Level Mathematics at grade 7 AND Higher Level Physics/Biology/Chemistry at grade 6'
- A minimum of grade 4 (C) in English Language and Mathematics in addition to other outlined requirements.
International19380 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19380 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.