Why study BSc/PG Dip Public Health Nurse (Health Visiting) at BU?
- On this Public Health Nurse (Health Visiting) course from Bournemouth University , you'll demonstrate achievement of the ‘Standards of Proficiency’ required by the Nursing & Midwifery Council (NMC) for registration as a Specialist Community Public Health Nurse (SCPHN) Health Visitor
- You’ll be exposed to the breadth and depth of public health working and demonstrate your ability to participate safely in the practice of Health Visiting
- Prepare to lead and manage the delivery of the Healthy Child Programme (DH 2009) provision in collaboration with other health and early year providers
- The course is an equal split of theory and practice-based study, with theory learning at BU and practice learning supported by a practice teacher within your seconding NHS Trust
- Applicants should apply via their local 0-19 years’ service provider adverts for Specialist Community Public Health Nurse (SCPHN) Health Visitor studentships/training contracts.
By completing this course, you will be satisfying the NMC criteria for registering for Part 3 of the NMC Register and will be qualified and prepared to work in the community as a health visitor. This role is in high demand and employment is highly likely.
Career progression may ultimately lead to you becoming a:
- Health visitor
- Academic researcher
- Academic lecturer.
Nursing and Midwifery Council
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Professional Role (Health Visiting)
- Context & Scope of Public Health
- Exploring & Evaluating Evidence
- Public Health Leadership & Management (Health Visiting)
- Public Health Management Strategies
- Health Promotion & Partnership Working
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
No application deadline. If you will need a visa, think carefully about the length of time it will take for your visa application to be processed.
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 1772 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2 in any subject.
- Part One or Part Two registration on the Nursing & Midwifery Council (NMC) register; training contract or secondment from a 0-19 years' service provider/NHS employer.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
- This course is commissioned by the local NHS trust so there are no fees.
Living costs for Bournemouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.