The Master in Jewelry Design - IED Rome at Istituto Europeo Di Design (IED) is aimed at strengthening students’ autonomy in the relevant fields, moulding them into professionals capable of leading a design project, thanks to the acquired know-how and technical tools, managing all its complexities and using a both creative and professional approach. They also become able to design collections of high jewelry, fine jewelry or precious watches.
Based on Italian Design features such as curiosity, initiative and will of improvement, the study plan takes an in-depth look into the various aspects of creativity within the world of jewelry.
Partner companies of the Master course are Bulgari, Casato Gioielli, Galleria Antonella Villanova.
The Master course is aimed at graduates in Jewelry Design or Designers working in the field who need to develop their know-how using contemporary approaches in research and design. A good knowledge of both 3D design software and the main techniques used for graphic representation are requested.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Methodology and structure
- Approach is experiential: the Master in Jewelry Design provides the fundamental skills to attend specific workshops and labs and manage effective projects, both case studies and real companies’ briefs.
- The Master course is conceived to offer a particularly wide training in the jewelry field. The path begins with a methodological course for the development of creativity in Jewelry Design. The specific drawing techniques are deepened and the jewelry techniques are tested in a real goldsmith’s workshop.
- The theoretical part of the course, which is necessary to ensure that all students have the same basic knowledge, is then followed by thematic design courses, where theory and practice are constantly combined.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesDesign Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods View 35 other Masters in Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods in Italy
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Be proficient in the language of the chosen course (Italian/English) and comply with the language requirement listed in the relevant section below;
- Hold a Bachelor Degree or other qualification – also issued abroad or by a private higher education institution – deemed suitable*. IED will also assess applications submitted by candidates proving at least 2-year relevant work experience in a related professional field.
- Hold the specific program requirements listed in the relevant Master brochure and webpage of the selected programme;
- Comply with the admission and enrolment procedures;
- In case of graduating students, such applicants may be conditionally admitted provided that they obtain the undergraduate degree before the discussion of the Master thesis.
- For students applying for 1st Level Master programmes at IED, it is also necessary not be simultaneously enrolled to any other recognised academic course at any other higher education institution.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16200 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16200 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA16200 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16200 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
- Tuition fee - € 16,200
- Enrollment Fee - € 3,000
Living costs for Roma
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.