From September 2017, Loughborough University London will be delivering six new multidisciplinary MRes programmes, to enable students with a passion for research to widen their skills, focus their interests and take the next step towards an MPhil, PhD or analytical career.
Studying an MRes with Loughborough University London will give you a fascinating introduction into the life of a postgraduate researcher. Each MRes programme has been carefully designed to empower graduates with rigorous research and analytical skills, in order to progress onto highlevel researcher positions within their chosen sector or field.Each programme will explore the research processes, and uncover the designs, practices and methodologies used by experienced researchers from each discipline. Whilst a traditional taught master’s degree programme focuses on the development of expertise in a chosen area, an MRes places more emphasis on the individual to uncover new knowledge and develop their own research expertise.
Career Prospects:Research skills are greatly in demand across the high value industries of the UK. Alongside the taught elements of the Diplomacy and International Relations programme you will be able to access a tailor-made professional development programme mapped to the Researcher Framework that will support you to market yourself and your skills for a rewarding career. You will get access to: Exclusive workshops on diverse topics suitable for a research career, Mentoring, Employability Profiling and Careers Support
More informationVisit official programme website
ModulesIn addition to a major research project all students studying an MRes programme will complete taught units such as:
- The Collaborative Research Project
- Research Design, Practice and Ethics
- Quantitative Research Methods
- Foundations in Qualitative Research
- 12 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesInternational Relations Political Science View 400 other Masters in Political Science in United Kingdom
- Minimum of an upper second class honours degree or equivalent in a wide range of subjects. In exceptional circumstances an applicant may be admitted to the degree who does not possess the requirements mentioned, but who has substantial relevant work experience.
- All applicants for admission to Loughborough University must have a qualification in English Language before they can be admitted to any course or programme, whether their first language is English or not. English Language requirements: IELTS 6.5 overall, with a minimum of 6.0 in each subtest (Reading, Listening, Writing and Speaking) or equivalent.
International17000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17000 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA10000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10000 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.