Students of the Diplomacy and International Governance master's programme will be provided with a specialised, systematic and in-depth knowledge of diplomacy deploying appropriate theories, concepts and methods associated with practice in the field. You will be challenged to acquire a critical awareness of the New World Order and how this concept relates to current issues involved in the study of diplomacy, learning from the past to deal with the challenges of the future.
The Institute for Diplomacy and International Governance from Loughborough University London offers masters programmes that keep pace with the changing realities of today’s world. The Institute works with our students to develop tools to grasp these facts of international life, and to prepare our students for careers across many professions.
The programmes are designed to involve you with many different aspects of contemporary diplomacy and international governance. Experts from academia, government and industry will share their insights (and secrets, in some cases) to guide and support your own discoveries and learning.
You will work collaboratively with academic staff and each other to enrich your studies, and will have the opportunity to become experts in topical issues such as the repercussions for global politics and trade of the UK’s exit from the EU (Brexit) and the Covid-19 health pandemic.
Why you should study this degree?
- We have academic expertise in Bilateral Diplomacy and Multi-Stakeholder negotiations.
- You will discover the latest research affecting global security, international trade and digital diplomacy.
- You will gain critical awareness of the New World Order.
- You will learn how to deal with the challenges of the future.
- You will study in London, home to 165 Embassies and High Commissions.
Programme StructureCompulsory modules
- Diplomacy in the Digital Age
- International Negotiations
- Politics in Times of Crisis
- Foreign Policy Analysis
- 12 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesInternational Relations Political Science View 492 other Masters in Political Science in United Kingdom
- A 2:2 honours degree (or equivalent international qualification) in a wide range of subjects.
International22100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22100 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.