You will take part in a series of taught modules and industry focused projects that will build and enhance your portfolio of work.
You will also learn how to enhance and develop innovative design skills and will discover how to replicate collaborative behaviour, through a mixture of active learning and team work. All students will develop their knowledge by analysing and evaluating problems and responding to genuine industry challenges in real time. This learning environment will inform critical thinking and improve students’ effectiveness as innovation designers.Students who choose to study an MRes in Design Innovation from Loughborough University London will be able to build on their research skills with the choice to focus on areas such as Identity, Culture and Communication, and Design Thinking, which builds on the idea that design supports and encourages innovation in multiple ways.
- To enhance design skills and knowledge through theoretical and practical application individually and in multi-disciplinary and interdisciplinary teams.
- Develop collaborative behaviour through active learning and team work, analysing and evaluating problems and responding to challenges in real time.
- To enable graduates to develop their critical thinking and insight to improve their effectiveness as designers.
- To enable graduates to develop their analytical and research skills through undertaking a substantial design and evaluation project with a focus on a particular area of design.
Upon graduating, you will be equipped with advanced knowledge to enhance your career opportunities in design and branding consultancies, in-house design and marketing departments as designers and design managers. You will become a professional versed with design skills and interdisciplinary teamwork. Graduates will also have the opportunity to enhance their knowledge and career prospects further by undertaking a PhD programme.
More informationVisit official programme website
Modules:In addition to a major research project all students studying an MRes programme will complete taught units such as:
- The Collaborative Research Project
- Research Design
- Practice and Ethics
- Quantitative Research Methods
- Foundations in Qualitative Research
- 12 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesDesign Innovation Management View 122 other Masters in Innovation Management in United Kingdom
- Minimum of an upper second class honours degree or equivalent in a wide range of subjects. In exceptional circumstances an applicant may be admitted to the degree who does not possess the requirements mentioned, but who has substantial relevant work experience.
- English Language requirements: IELTS 6.5 overall, with a minimum of 6.0 in each subtest (Reading, Listening, Writing and Speaking) or equivalent.
International17000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17000 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA10000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10000 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.