You will take part in a series of taught modules and industry focused projects that will build and enhance your portfolio of work.
You will also learn how to enhance and develop innovative design skills and will discover how to replicate collaborative behaviour, through a mixture of active learning and team work. All students will develop their knowledge by analysing and evaluating problems and responding to genuine industry challenges in real time. This learning environment will inform critical thinking and improve students’ effectiveness as innovation designers.
Students who choose to study an MRes in Design Innovation from Loughborough University London will be able to build on their research skills with the choice to focus on areas such as Identity, Culture and Communication, and Design Thinking, which builds on the idea that design supports and encourages innovation in multiple ways.
- To enhance design skills and knowledge through theoretical and practical application individually and in multi-disciplinary and interdisciplinary teams.
- Develop collaborative behaviour through active learning and team work, analysing and evaluating problems and responding to challenges in real time.
- To enable graduates to develop their critical thinking and insight to improve their effectiveness as designers.
- To enable graduates to develop their analytical and research skills through undertaking a substantial design and evaluation project with a focus on a particular area of design.
Upon graduating, you will be equipped with advanced knowledge to enhance your career opportunities in design and branding consultancies, in-house design and marketing departments as designers and design managers. You will become a professional versed with design skills and interdisciplinary teamwork. Graduates will also have the opportunity to enhance their knowledge and career prospects further by undertaking a PhD programme.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Design & Identity
- Design Thinking
- Design Research
- Design in Organisations
- Strategy and Market Analysis
- Design for Experiences
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Innovation Management View 537 other Masters in Design in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Minimum of an upper second class honours degree or equivalent in a wide range of subjects. In exceptional circumstances an applicant may be admitted to the degree who does not possess the requirements mentioned, but who has substantial relevant work experience.
- English Language requirements: IELTS 6.5 overall, with a minimum of 6.0 in each subtest (Reading, Listening, Writing and Speaking) or equivalent.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International27950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27950 GBP per year during 12 months.
National12100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12100 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.