This exciting programme has been designed to uncover these key areas and provide advanced knowledge of broadband, mobile, and wireless communication networks, as well as discuss future internet and related application areas.
- Develop students’ knowledge and expertise in multimedia signal capturing, rendering, coding, processing, and adaptation through practical application analysing and evaluating problems and responding to challenges in real time.
- Develop students’ critical thinking to assess the development, evaluation and implementation of high-end home and low-end mobile media applications in response to addressing real world problems/opportunities.
- Develop students’ critical thinking to assess media applications through user interaction techniques, human perception and quality of experience assessment methods.
- Use action-based learning to provide individuals and teams with employment skills essential to the digital/tech industry.
Programme Structure:To complete the MSc Mobile Communication Systems from Loughborough University London students must complete 8 x 15 credit modules. Students must also choose and complete 4 of the 6 optional modules. Students will pick a second subject from the list of nominated second subject modules offered by the other Institutes in the first semester. All students must complete a Dissertation worth 60 credits.
Career Prospects:As the Internet is part of our everyday lives, providing us with the means for many of our personal and business-related activities, choosing this programme will provide a great opportunity to gain the essential knowledge and skill set to be placed in the telecommunications, Internet and mobile communication technologies industry, as well as research, development and academic positions.Graduates will also have the opportunity to enhance their knowledge and career prospects further by undertaking an MRes or PhD programme.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Collaborative Project
- Internet and Communication Networks
- Mobile Broadband and Wireless Networks
- Media Processing and Coding
- Advanced 3D User Environments
- Internet of Things and Applications
- Introduction to Programming and MatLab
- Media Cloud Applications and Services
- Cloud Technologies and Systems
- Network Security
Second Subject Modules:
- Design Thinking
- Principles of Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management
- The Key Topics in Media and Creative Industries
- Business Model Development
- Introduction to Diplomacy
- Sports Media and Marketing
- 12 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Communication Sciences View 238 other Masters in Communication Sciences in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- An honours degree (2:2 or above), or an equivalent overseas qualification recognised by Loughborough University in electronics, computing, physics, mathematics or a related discipline.
- English Language requirements: IELTS 6.5 overall, with a minimum of 6.0 in each subtest (Reading, Listening, Writing and Speaking) or equivalent.
International22650 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22650 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA10000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10000 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.