You will learn how publishing is continuing to evolve alongside the digital revolution.
The Publishing programme from City, University of London gives you an applied understanding of how physical and digital texts are conceived, developed and marketed.
Your learning will be directly influenced by your own publishing interests. This could mean publishing for entertainment, education, research or information.
Our Publishing MA graduates develop careers in a variety of organisations, and most secure a publishing role within months of graduating.
This selection of positions secured by our recent Publishing MA graduates shows the scope of potential global careers:
- Trainee, Foreign Language Publishing Co, Shanghai
- Editorial Business Analyst, Condé Nast Japan
- Publicist, Hachette New Zealand
- Magazine Publishing, Beijing
- Digital Marketing Executive, Bloomsbury
- Rights Assistant, Fiction, Paris
- Business and Marketing in Publishing
- The role of Editorial & Production: Managing Authors, Lists & Intellectual Property
- Digital Publishing
- Publishing History and Culture
- Professional Placement
- Creating & Developing Content in Print
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesCreative Writing Journalism Digital Marketing View 152 other Masters in Journalism in United Kingdom
You should have:
- an upper second class honours degree or the equivalent from an international institution
- evidence of a commitment to a career in publishing (such as experience within bookselling or publishing, voluntary or professional experience on a publication)
- or evidence of research into current industry conditions.
You can apply online and will be expected to submit the following:
- One application form
- A short personal statement (c800-1200 words) outlining why you are applying for this programme
- A copy of your degree transcript: We require an original transcript or a copy certified by your institution. If you have not yet graduated, you will be required to send us your degree transcript as soon as it is available. You will not be able to register as a City student without having supplied your degree transcript.
International17320 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17320 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10280 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10280 GBP per year during 12 months.
Part-time per year
- UK: £5,140
- Overseas/EU: £8,660
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.