Master in Energy, Environment and Society at University of Stavanger is highly relevant to both the public sector and the private sector. Knowledge about sustainable development, energy and environmental challenges are expected to increase sharply in the future. Such social change also requires new ways of thinking. In-depth knowledge in these areas will therefore be on high demand. The multidisciplinary approach of this master will undoubtedly strengthen the relevance of social science graduates for both public and private sectors.
Through this programme students will gain:
- advanced knowledge of national and international energy politics and policy and
- analyse the relationships between energy, risk, societal safety and sustainable development.
- Societal transition and transformation - Energy and climate change
- Philosophy of Science and Research Methods
- Energy, energy technologies, and energy system integration
- Applied social science research methods
- Energy and environmental politics and policy in a comparative perspective
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , EEA/EU
International students can only enroll for studies at the University of Stavanger once a year, in August.
DisciplinesAnthropology Public Policy Political Science View 3 other Masters in Political Science in Norway
A Bachelor's degree with a specialization of at least 80 ECTS credits in one or more of the following subject areas or equivalent is required:
- Social sciences
- Hotel management
- Tourism management
- Social anthropology
- Political science
Professional bachelor degrees in the following areas qualify for admission: police, teacher education, health care, social care and journalism.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
All students are required to pay a semester fee of NOK 740 ($83) per semester.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.