In this International Litigation and Dispute Resolution programme from City, University of London you will learn how international litigation can be managed strategically and effectively.
We deliver a practice-focused understanding of alternative dispute resolution (ADR), mediation and arbitration. This has increasing value in commercial and non-commercial practice.
Your learning will cover rules of litigation, ADR, arbitration and mediation, within the frameworks of procedure, evidence and ethics.
This specialist International Litigation and Dispute Resolution LLM can significantly improve your career prospects.
We can advise on your training options as a mediator or arbitrator on a national or international level.
You also have access to our Pro Bono programme including an award-winning commercial law clinic.
- As with all Master of Laws (LLM) specialisms at City, University of London, you may take either five modules and a shorter dissertation (10,000 words) or four modules and a longer dissertation (20,000 words).
- All modules are of the same duration and are taught per term (September – December or January – April) rather than the whole academic year.
- If you take four modules you will take two per term in each term and if you take five modules will have three in one term and two in the other. Dissertations are written during the summer term when there are no classes.
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesCivil & Private Law Legal Studies View 219 other Masters in Civil & Private Law in United Kingdom
- We are interested in receiving applications from individuals with at least an upper second-class honours undergraduate degree in law (roughly equivalent to a B or B+) from a recognised international institution.
- Applicants with a good undergraduate degree in another subject will also be considered.
- One application form
- A short personal statement (c800-1200 words) outlining why you are applying for this programme
- A copy of your degree transcript: We require an original transcript or a copy certified by your institution. If you have not yet graduated, you will be required to send us your degree transcript as soon as it is available. You will not be able to register as a City student without having supplied your degree transcript.
- Please note: At least one academic reference is required in order for us to assess your application.
International18570 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18570 GBP per year during 12 months.
National13270 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13270 GBP per year during 12 months.
Part-time per year
- UK: £6,770
- Overseas/EU: £9,470
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.